The US Deprescribing Research Network is focused on research. We encourage clinicians looking for clinical information and resources relevant to deprescribing to peruse the excellent content prepared by partner colleagues and organizations. Please note that this is not a comprehensive list.
Evidence-based, easy-to-use algorithms for deprescribing commonly used medications. Includes the algorithms, full guidelines, and whiteboard videos, prepared by the Bruyere Research Institute and University of Montreal.
Deprescribing guidance for common medications from the governments of New South Wales and Tasmania, Australia
Information on the risks and benefit of specific medications from the UK National Health Service
Useful, in-depth articles:
Brief overview articles:
Online learning modules and videos
- Handouts for patients on the risks of and how to effectively stop commonly used medications
- Sample letter to patients about deprescribing
- For additional resources, see our For Patients page
- Expert pharmacist consultation services
- Deprescribing clinics – examples
- Evidence-based pharmaceutical opinions – forms for pharmacists to evaluate and communicate recommendations to prescribers about commonly-used medications